The radical wing of the Congress Party with Jawaharlal Nehru as one of its main leaders, founded the Independence for India League in opposition to :
(a) the Finance Commission
(b) the National Development Council
(c) Nehru Report
(d) the Constitution of India
(c) Jawaharlal Nehru and Subhash Chandra Bose as Secretaries and S. Srinivasa Iyengar as President founded Independence for Indian League to oppose the Nehru Report. They demanded complete independence and imposition of social structure in the country
2. Which one of the following was an emigre communist journal of M.N. Roy?
(a) Kisan Sahba
(b) The Worker
(c) Communist Vanguard was an emigre Communist journal of M.N. Roy
3. What is the correct sequence of the following events?
1. The Lucknow Pact
2. The Introduction on Dyarchy
3. The Rowlatt Act
4. The Partition of Bengal
(a) 1, 3, 2, 4
(b) 4, 1, 3, 2
(c) 1, 2, 3, 4
(d) 4, 3, 2, 1
(b) Lucknow Pact - 1916; Introduction of Diarchy under Montford Reforms (GIA 1919) - December, 1919; Rowlatt Act - February 1919; Partition of Bengal - 1905
4. The Barrah dacoity was the first major venture of the revolutionary terrorists of the freedom movement in :
(c) East Bengal
(d) The Madras Presidency
(c) In 1908, Barrah Dacoity was organized by Dacca Anushilan under Pulin Das in East Bengal.
5. In 1930, Mahatma Gandhi started Civil Disobedience Movement from :
(c) On 12 March, 1930, Gandhi started his civil disobedience movement by starting Dandi March from Sabarmati Ashram in Gujarat and reached Dandi on 6 April 1930 and broke the salt law.