1. Which of the following statements about the formation of the Constituent Assembly is / are correct?
1. The members of the Constituent Assembly were chosen on the basis of the provincial elections of 1946.
2. The Constituent Assembly did not include representatives of the Princely States.
3. The discussions within the Constituent Assembly were not influenced by opinions expressed by the public.
4. In order to create a sense of collective participation, submissions were solicited from the public.
Select the correct answer using the code given below.
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 and 3
(c) 3 and 4
(d) 1 and 4
(d) The formation of the Constituent Assembly includes the following facts-
(i) On the basis of the provincial election of 1946, the members of the Constituent Assembly.
(ii) Opinions were invited from the public to evolve a sense of mass participation.
2. The Constituent Assembly of India convened to prepare the Constitution of India appointed a sub-committee headed by Gopinath Bordoloi. Which of the following recommendations was/were made by the committee?
1. Fifth Schedule for the North-East Frontier (Asom) Tribal and Excluded Areas.
2. Constitution of District Councils in all autonomous districts of Asom.
3. Sixth Schedule for the North-East Frontier (Asom) Tribal and Excluded Areas.
4. Demarcation of territories in North-East India.
Select the correct answer using the codes given below
(a) Only 1
(b) 1, 2 and 3
(c) 2 and 3
(d) Only 4
(d) Sub-committee headed by Gopinath Bordoloi was appointed by the constituent Assembly of India to
recommend the future pattern of administration of the North Eastern Frontiers Areas.
3. The Preamble of the Indian constitution adopted on 26th November 1949 did not include the terms :
Select the correct answer from the codes given below :
(a) 1, 2 and 3
(b) 2, 3 and 4
(c) 1, 2 and 4
(d) 3 and 4
(a) Three word socialist secular and integrity in the preamble of Indian constitution were added by 42nd amendment Act of 1976.
4. ‘The Draft Constitution as framed only provides a machinery for the government of the country. It is not a contrivance to install any particular party in power as has been done in some countries. Who should be in power is left to be determined by the people, as it must be, if the system is to satisfy the test of democracy’.
The above passage from Constituent Assembly debates is attributed to
(a) Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru
(b) Dr B R Ambedkar
(c) Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad
(d) Acharya J B Kriplani
(b) On 29 August 1947, the Drafting Committee was appointed with Dr B. R. Ambedkar as the Chairman along with six other members assisted by a constitutional advisor. These members were Pandit Govind Ballabh Pant, K M Munshi, Alladi Krishnaswamy Iyer, N Gopala swami Ayengar, B L Mitter and Md. Saadullah. A Draft Constitution was prepared by the committee and submitted to the Assembly
on 4 November 1947.This is Ambedkar’s second argument rested on the legitimacy of the democratic system.
5. Who among the following was not a member of the Drafting Committee of the Constitution of India?
(a) B. R. Ambedkar
(b) K. M. Munshi
(c) Krishnaswamy Iyer
(d) M. K Gandhi
(d) The Drafting Committee for framing the constitution was appointed on 29th August 1947.The committee comprised of a chairman and six other members. The committee members were:- Dr B. R. Ambedkar(Chairman), K M Munshi, Alladi Krishnaswamy Iyer, N Gopalaswami Ayengar, B L Mitter, Md. Saadullah and D P Khaitan.